Fairfield is one of the main routes in to Buxton, and for people continuing on the A6 towards Bakewell it’s all they see of Buxton – and it’s not the greatest advert for our lovely town!
So a group of local residents is getting together to do something about it. Ideas include:
- arranging cleaning and tidying sessions
- restoring the little park half way down the hill
- beautifying the space at the junction with Lightwood Road
- providing planters and hanging baskets where there’s space for them
- cleaning and painting railings
- getting rid of the accumulated rubbish that’s been dumped
- working out a way to deal with wheelie bins blocking the pavement
If you live on or near Fairfield Road, why not get involved?
More detail in the ProjectProposal.